from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clay free of iron, suitable for making pottery or for modeling. Also called potter's earth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The clay used by a potter.
- n. (Bible) A person or people created and shaped by God.
- n. (Bible) A nation or kingdom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a tolerably pure kind, free from iron.
- n. See under Clay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clay that does not contain any iron; used in making pottery or for modeling
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.