from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A public bathroom for women.
- noun A bathroom used by guests in a private residence.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The room in a ship in which gunpowder is kept. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US, euphemistic A women's
toilet, especially in a public venue such as a restaurant, boutique, or hotel lobby.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a woman's restroom in a public (or semipublic) building
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Euphemism (the category is known as indirection) – identifying the lavatory as a place to powder one's nose ("apply make-up"), rather than to use the toilet. Origin 1905–10; first attested 1941.
Sorry, no example sentences found.