from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of preaching or a preacher.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. affirmative; positive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affirmative; positive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to preaching; involving preaching.
- Affirmative; of the nature of a predicate: as, a predicatory statement.
Late Latin praedicātōrius, praising, from Latin praedicātor, one who makes known, from praedicāre, to proclaim; see preach.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Compare Latin praedicatorius praising. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.