from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person affected with presbyopia.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who is affected with presbyopia; one who is long-sighted; a presbyte.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) One who has presbyopia; a farsighted person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine One who has
presbyopia: a farsightedperson
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person with presbyopia; someone who is farsighted resulting from the progressive loss with aging of the elasticity of the crystalline lens
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
If it is a question of a presbyope, let him look with his spectacles, and note the nearest domino seen distinctly.
I'm a presbyope (presbyopia is a condition faced by almost everyone over the age of 40 where the ability to focus on close objects gradually vanishes) and have struggled with bifocals and progressives for more than a decade.