from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of hexameter verse so constructed as to be divisible into two portions of three feet each, having generally a trochee in the first and the fourth foot, and an amphimacer in the third; -- applied also to a regular hexameter verse when so constructed as to be divisible into two portions of three feet each.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Priapus.
- In ancient prosody, noting a certain verse or meter. See the noun.
- [lowercase] Having a priapism.
- n. In ancient prosody, a logaœdic meter consisting of a catalectic Glyconic and a Pherecratean.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.