from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The stickleback. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) The stickleback.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of the fish in the Stichaeidae family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun small (2-4 inches) pugnacious mostly scaleless spiny-backed fishes of northern fresh and littoral waters having elaborate courtship; subjects of much research
- noun small elongate fishes of shallow northern seas; a long dorsal fin consists entirely of spines
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Octopus, capable of squeezing itself through extremely narrow cracks and openings, and the monkeyface prickleback, another eel-like fish that can survive out of water for longer than a day.