from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The wood of various rubiaceous trees, including Hamelia ventricosa, Cordia gerascanthoides, and Exostema caribaeum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The wood of two small tropical American trees (Hamelia ventricosa, and Cordia gerascanthoides). It is brownish, veined with lighter color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light-veined brown West Indian wood, the product of Cordia gerascanthoides and Hamelia ventricosa — the latter also called Spanish elm.
- n. A small West Indian rubiaceous tree, Exostema Caribæum. See Exostema, Caribbean bark (under bark), and seaside beech (under beech).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large tropical American tree of the genus Cordia grown for its abundant creamy white flowers and valuable wood
- n. tropical American timber tree
prince + wood (Wiktionary)