from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Reasonable grounds for belief that an accused person may be subject to arrest or the issuance of a warrant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The standard by which a police officer may make an arrest or conduct a personal or property search.
- n. In accident investigations, the conclusions reached by the investigating body as to the factor or factors which caused the accident.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a reasonable ground of presumption that a charge is, or my be, well founded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) evidence sufficient to warrant an arrest or search and seizure
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.