from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Land owned and controlled by the state or federal government.
- noun The condition of not being protected by a patent or copyright and therefore being available to the public for use without charge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The realm of
intellectual propertybeing not protected under patentor copyright, i.e. no person or other legal entity can establish proprietary interests.
- noun Open land such as unowned prairie in the western and southwestern United States. Space not subject to a land
- adjective this sense?) Not subject to any copyright or patent restrictions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun property rights that are held by the public at large
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.