from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short nose that is somewhat flattened and turned up at the end.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short nose which is flattened and whose tip is turned up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A short, thick nose; a snubnose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nose turned upward at the tip like that of the pug-dog; a snub-nose.
- n. The pug-nosed eel. See eel and Simenchelys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short nose; flattened and turned up at the end
- adj. having a blunt nose
Linnet opened the door to Jessie Tucker, grinning up at her with his pug nose and freckles, and she noticed, distastefully, that something seemed to be alive in his pocket and was trying to find its way out.
It was a long face, sUn-cured and leathery, with a broken pug nose at center, a thin-lipped mouth, and an oversized jaw the kind of mandibular development you get from chewing tobacco or gritting your teeth.
This person wrote that Hopkins was a five-foot-four-inch tyrant with a pug nose that she’d love to break.