from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A square brick or tile; a quarrel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A square piece of turf or peat.
- n. A square brick, tile, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, a square stone, brick, or tile.
- n. A piece of turf or peat cut in a square form.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Rugged and shawled into a quadrel with a knob on top, she resembled some primitive totem and appeared to be perfectly immovable.