from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Tetravalent.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A quadrivalent atom or element.
- In chem., noting an atom the equivalence of which is four, or an element one atom of which is equivalent, in combining power, to four atoms of hydrogen; tetradic; tetratomic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Chem.) Having a valence of four; capable of combining with, being replaced by, or compared with, four monad atoms; tetravalent; -- said of certain atoms and radicals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective chemistry Having a
- noun genetics Any quadrivalent chromosome.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.