from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In carpentry, one of the suspending posts in the framed principal of a roof, or in a trussed partition or other truss, when there are two such posts. When there is only a single post it is called a king-post or crown-post. Also called prick-post.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun One of two suspending posts in a roof truss, or other framed truss of similar form. See king-post.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun vertical tie post in a roof truss


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.