from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Extra large in size: queen-size pantyhose.
- adj. Measuring about 60 inches by 80 inches (1.5 meters by 2.0 meters). Used of a bed.
- adj. Being of a size that will fit such a bed: queen-size fitted sheets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a larger-than-average dress, blouse, skirt, pant or stocking size for women
- adj. Pertaining to a bed or mattress measuring 60 inches wide by 80 inches long and approximately 9 to 12 inches thick.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used especially of beds) not as large as king-size
Well, our bedroom is small-ish and oddly configured, so a queen-size mattress is as large as the room will accommodate.
A young man walked by them with a queen-size air mattress on his head.
They would stumble about on the queen-size sofa in her room, neither of them really knowing what to do.
They were spacious and housed a rotating queen-size bed with a leopard skin doona.
The gracious inn boasts ten spacious guest suites, all with king or queen-size beds.
There is only one piece of furniture in the master bedroom: a queen-size bed.
Treebones Resort Each unit at Treebones has a queen-size bed and futon, hot-and-cold sink and pinewood floors.
Each unit has a queen-size bed and futon, hot-and-cold sink and pinewood floors.
No queen-size bed, nor cot, nor couch materializes.
One is furnished with a sofa bed, and the other, pictured, with a queen-size bed.