from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of quicksilver.
- n. An amalgam of mercury and tin formerly applied to the backs of mirrors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The mercury and foil on the back of a looking-glass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of coating with quicksilver or with an amalgam.
- n. A coating with quicksilver or an amalgam, as in a looking-glass.
Sorry, no etymologies found.