from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Informal An indoor television antenna consisting of two usually adjustable rods connected to a base and swiveling apart at a V-shaped angle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An indoor dipole television antenna consisting of two usually extensible rods connected to a base to form a V shape.
- n. Plural form of rabbit ear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an indoor TV antenna; consists of two extendible rods that form a V
- n. the long ears of a rabbit
From the shape of the ears of a rabbit. (Wiktionary)
Then they did their normal good-night signal, two rabbit ears that waved up and down, and then the light went out.