Help support Wordnik by adopting your favorite word!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A wooden table or frame used in Cornwall for washing tin ore, which is distributed over the surface of the table with a solid rake or hard brush, whenee the name: sometimes corrupted into ragging-table. See framing-table.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.