from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Examination of the inner structure of optically opaque objects by x-rays or other penetrating radiation; radiology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. examination of objects by the use of X-rays; radiology
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Direct observation of objects opaque to light by means of some other form of radiant energy, as x-rays.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The detection, study, or application of X-rays, specifically by observations with a fluorescent screen.
- n. Examination of opaque objects by means of the X-rays or other form of radioactivity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (radiology) examination of the inner structure of opaque objects using X rays or other penetrating radiation
radio- + -scopy (Wiktionary)
Even at that time, the complete lesser circulation in the dog could be shown with the cinematographic radioscopy according to Gottheiner.
In doubtful cases radioscopy renders valuable aid, as the parts are readily seen with the screen.