from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A desk or stand, usually with a slanted top, for holding a book or papers for a standing reader.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. a desk to support a book while reading; esp., a desk used while reading the service in a church.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. desk or stand with a slanted top used to hold a text at the proper height for a lecturer


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.