from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who readjusts, or takes part in a readjustment of something.
- noun Specifically, a member of a party in Virginia, formed about 1878, under the leadership of General William Mahone, and originally composed principally of Democrats, for the forcible readjustment of the debt on terms dictated by the State without the consent of the bondholders.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who, or that which, readjusts; in some of the States of the United States, one who advocates a refunding, and sometimes a partial repudiation, of the State debt without the consent of the State's creditors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who, or that which,
- noun US, historical One who advocates a
refund, and sometimes a partial repudiation, of a state's debt, without the consentof the creditors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
readjust + -er
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.