from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The actual time in which a physical process under computer study or control occurs.
- noun The time required for a computer to solve a problem, measured from the time data are fed in to the time a solution is received.
- noun The timing or arrangement allowing a process, such as an exchange of remarks, to occur normally, as without delay or asynchronism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Used other than as an idiom: see
- noun computing The time
durationrequired by a computersystem to complete a particular task
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the actual time that it takes a process to occur
- noun (computer science) the time it takes for a process under computer control to occur
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.