from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A commissioned rank in the U.S. Navy or Coast Guard that is above captain and below vice admiral.
- n. One who holds this rank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a naval officer below the rank of vice admiral, originally in charge of a fleet's rear formation.
- n. A proctologist
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an officer in the navy, next in rank below a vice admiral and above a commodore. See Admiral.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See admiral, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an admiral junior to a vice admiral
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.