from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who refutes or rebuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who drives back or repulses
- n. One who makes a rebuttal.
- n. A rebuttal; the answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
- n. To apply more butter to something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who rebuts or refutes.
- n. An act of rebutting; specifically, in law, an answer, such as a defendant makes to a plaintiff's surrejoinder. Compare surrebutter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a debater who refutes or disproves by offering contrary evidence or argument
- n. (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder
But neither the official rebutter nor the people's rebutter had the vision or grit to propose transitioning our "unconstitutional, America-raping healthcare bill" into a "private sector job creator" wealthcare bill.
But neither the official rebutter nor the people's rebutter had the vision or grit to propose transitioning our "unconstitutional, America-raping healthcare bill" into a "private sector job creator"wealthcare bill.
If you need to bake in shifts, cool and rebutter the tins before refilling with batter.
Caroline seems to be rebutter and fan in chief for JC.
The first clash was a _butter_ and a _rebutter_, their heads coming together, fairly making the _wool_ fly.
A swarm of brochures in rejoinder and rebutter issued from the press, and the nineteenth century had come in before the controversy was quite forgotten.
Gien 't warna for what I see in him, I wad hae a gran 'rebutter to her claim; for hoo cud ony wuman's ain son hae sic a scunner at her as I hae
Now he's hyping Bachmann; it's the Tea Party Express that's sponsoring her speech opposite official GOP rebutter, Rising Star™ Paul Ryan.
It was now the corporal's turn to put in a rebutter.
There is another topic he takes up more seriously, and as a general rebutter to the charge.