from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Uncommon; rare.
- adjective Exquisite; choice.
- adjective Overrefined; forced.
- adjective Pretentious; overblown.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Much sought after; hence, out of the common; rare; dainty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Sought out with care; choice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Sought out with care; choice. Hence: of rare quality, elegance, or attractiveness; peculiar and refined in kind — especially with an artificial or pretentious effect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective lavishly elegant and refined
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, past participle of rechercher, to research, from Old French recercher; see research.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowing from French recherché, more at French rechercher.
Sorry, no example sentences found.