from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A condition of heightened alertness or preparedness, especially to guard against imminent danger.
- noun A warning of or signal indicating imminent danger.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- interjection A warning that indicates an emergency situation.
- interjection A state of readiness to deal with such emergency situation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the highest level of alert when an attack by the enemy seems imminent (or more generally a state of alert resulting from imminent danger)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.