from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A harmonium.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A musical instrument consisting essentially of one or more graduated sets of small free reeds of metal, which are sounded by streams of air set in motion by a bellows, and controlled from a keyboard like that of the pianoforte.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.