from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A referee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. reference
- abbr. refectory
- n. Short form of referee.
- v. to referee; to act as a referee in a sport or game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of reformed; reference.
- n. An abbreviation of referred;
- n. of reflection or reflective;
- n. of reflex, reflexive, or reflexively;
- n. [capitalized] of Reformation;
- n. of reformer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (sports) the chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play
Sorry, no etymologies found.
AssumeFPS ( "ntsc_film") set input = D: \test. avs set output = D: \imgseqtest_v. mkv set ref = 5 set bframes = 5 set x264Path = D: \x264. exe % x264Path% % input% -- preset fast -- ref % ref% -- bframes % bframes% -- output % output% avs [warning]: converting input clip to YV12 avs [info]
· id 617761: In dot graphs now also @ref worked (previously only \ref was supported).
I think employing the Godfather ref is a bit too subtle for Bush. rayc Says:
Jim DeMint – Republican in ref to Obama's attempt at making healthcare affordable to everyone.
Whatever the validity of Leicester's complaints, screaming four? letter, nationality-themed, integrity? questioning obscenities at the ref is neither big nor clever.
` ` I feel that's one you just have to call, '' Johnson said, ` ` when it's a crucial situation like that and the ref is standing right there. ''
Or if I want to see a police officer in a time frame where the person concerned might be caught, I report a couple having a domestic, who called me a derogatory name ref my Race, Religion, or sexual preference (underline the relevant option) and just out of interest they broke the wing mirror on my car.
` ` If you look at the replay, the ref is standing there watching it.
` ` I was like, 'Man, you're pushing me and doing all those things to throw me off - balance and the ref is not seeing it.
That second ref is a link from the Dispatch's archive.