from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which refrigerates or cools.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mitigating heat; cooling.
- n. In distillation, a vessel filled with cold water, surrounding the worm, the vapor in which is thereby condensed.
- n. The chamber, or tank, in which ice is formed, in an ice machine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cooling; mitigating heat.
- n. Anything which refrigerates; a refrigerant; a refrigerator; any vessel, chamber, or pipe in which cooling is effected.
I have in my own experience proved the sitz to be cogitatory, consolatory, quiescent, refrigeratory, revivificatory, or all these together.
In the mean time, the leaves of oaks abundantly congested on snow, preserve it as well for wine, as a deep pit, or the most artificial refrigeratory.