from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having oar-like feet.
- n. Any small insect (usually crustacean or aquatic) with oar-shaped feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having feet or legs that are used as oars; -- said of certain crustaceans and insects.
- n. An animal having limbs like oars, especially one of certain crustaceans.
- n. One of a group of aquatic beetles having tarsi adapted for swimming. See water beetle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having oar-shaped feet, or feet that are used as oars; oar-footed.
- n. A remiped animal, as a crustacean or an insect.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.