from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The period of time between the application of a stimulus and the associated response from a cell or tissue
- n. The time taken for a person (or human-controlled system) to respond to a request
- n. The time taken for the display of an instrument to move to a new value following a step change
- n. The period of time between a request for a service and the associated response; typically the request is caused by a user at a terminal hitting the return key, and the response is displayed on a screen
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time that elapses between a stimulus and the response to it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Its ansibles were functioning, shortening the response time of the local officials and giving Ky access to a business directory for the various settlements.