from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun biology, medicine The period of time between the application of a
stimulusand the associated response from a cellor tissue
- noun The time taken for a
person(or human-controlled system) to respond to a request
- noun electronics The time taken for the
displayof an instrumentto move to a new valuefollowing a step change
- noun computing The period of
timebetween a requestfor a serviceand the associated response; typically the request is caused by a userat a terminalhitting the return key, and the response is displayed on a screen
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the time that elapses between a stimulus and the response to it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.