from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Acting or tending to retard. Often used in combination.
- noun A substance that retards a process, as a flame retardant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Retarding; tending to delay or impede motion, growth, or progress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective often in combination Serving to
retard(slow down) the action of something
- noun often in combination Something that serves to retard (slow down) the action of something
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any agent that retards or delays or hinders
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.