from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Directed or turned backward or downward.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany and zoology, turned back; directed backward; retral.
- In ornithology, turned in a direction the opposite of the usual one, without reference to any other line or plane; antrorse. See the quotation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Bent backward or downward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Bent
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective bent or curved backward or downward
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The fish you really have to watch out for is the candirú, a toothpick-shaped catfish that wriggles into bodily orifices, throws out retrorse spines, and can be removed only through surgery.