from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exceed an adversary's wager in a card game.
- v. To make a retort; to bandy words.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To vie with, or rival, in return.
- transitive v. To meet a wager on, as on the taking of a trick, with a higher wager.
- intransitive v. To exceed an adversary's wager in card playing.
- intransitive v. To make a retort; to bandy words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To vie with again; rival in return; especially, at cards, to stake a larger sum against.
- To surpass the amount of (a responsive challenge or bet): an old phrase at cards; hence, in general, to outdo; outstrip; surpass.
- To respond to a challenge at cards by staking a larger sum; hence, to retort; recriminate.
D is a slick monthly featuring a mélange of ads, revie ...
I never full understood why people hated the prequels until this revie This was also the best review i have ever saw.
For your leisu rely enjoy ment, I humbl y prese nt my lengt hy revie w- slash - vivis ectio n of The Curio us Case of Benja min Butto n.
To be found on my blog at dglee . blogs pot. com/ 2008/12/movie-revie w- curio us- case- of- benja min. html
Yesterday the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales announced it had commenced a revie...
The APRM revie team was led by a Nigerian economist, Professor
Upstart commissioners, mere mushrooms of courts, vie and revie with each other.
If you believe you can make the necessary changes so that [app name] complies with our recent changes, we encourage you to do so and resubmit for revie
Ambassador to Thailand Richard A. Hecklinger (front rignt), approaches the pass and revie
Word of Mouth Marketing Research: People read online revie …