from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. ritardando
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- 3d pers. sing. pres. of ride, contracted from rideth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tear; break; rend; strike.
- To make an incision in the ground, with a spade or other instrument, as a line of direction for future delving or digging; rip; scratch; cut.
- n. A slight incision made in the ground, as with a spade; a scratch made on a board, etc.
- To dry (hemp or flax).
- A Middle English form of the third person singular present indicative of ride (contracted from rideth).
- n. Abbreviations of ritardando.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. gradually decreasing in tempo
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"Blue is my fav'rit 'colour," ses old Sam, in a tender voice.
Of course, everybody wondered at that, and grieved too, for Maaster Roger wur a fav'rit 'with us all.
I get rit of unwanted pests that they might have, and I thank them and offer them a pop or food.
Putting that thought into action is Paul McCartney, the candid and charming subject of the vérité documentary The Love We Make 9/8c, in which veteran filmmaker Albert Maysles follows the former Beatle around New York in the days after the attacks, as he spreads cheer to fans while organizing an all-star "Concert for New York City" in Madison Square Garden several weeks later.
Amid gritty v é rit é details, Mr. Tapa follows the hawk-nosed Dilawar Mohamad Imran Tapa, a sympathetic 17-year-old pickpocket whose scuffling life stifles dreams of escape.
It is a wool Karastan, good quality and soft to the feet … I had a packet of rit dye that I bought years ago but never used in a blue jean colour, but added another packet to make the colour deeper.
These Brightonian B (rit) - boys perform 'indie-hop', rapping wittily and cheekily over samples of Lily Allen and Arctic Monkeys
Whenever I start to wear out a pair of khaki pants I buy two boxes of rit dye (Forest Green and Brown).
IndiePA The reduction to Medicare is getting rit of the over payments to insurance companies.
"A v rit film, a really beautiful, independent story about four families that you wouldn't know otherwise" in the months leading up to the lottery for the Harlem Success Academy.