from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A crab found along rocky coasts, especially one of the genus Cancer, whose hindmost pair of legs is adapted for running.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Hemigrapsus sexdentatus, a large-eyed marine crab found off the coast of New Zealand
- n. Cancer irroratus, a crab with large marginal teeth found along the Atlantic coast of North America
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any one of several species of large crabs of the genus C, as the two species of the New England coast (Cancer irroratus and Cancer borealis). See Illust. under Cancer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. crab of eastern coast of North America
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.