from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hyrax of the genus Procavia or Dendrohyrax, especially the African species P. capensis. Also called rock hyrax.
- n. See pika.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the pika.
- n. the hyrax. See Cony, and Daman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hyrax, as the Cape cony, Hyrax capensis, called by the Dutch colonists klipdas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hyrax that lives in rocky areas
- n. small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.