from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A scientist who specializes in rocketry.
- noun Informal An extremely intelligent person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a very intelligent person; -- used mostly in the phrases: “you don't have to be a
rocket scientistto …” and “it doesn't take a rocketscientist to …”, meaning that the subject that follows is easy to understand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun countable a colloquial term for an astronautical engineer
- noun countable, idiomatic Someone qualified to understand or handle that which is overly
complex, detailedor confusing; a genius.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an engineer who builds and tests rockets
- noun a clever thinker
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.