from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bearing using rollers to reduce friction between machine parts.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A journal-socket which has antifriction rollers on its interior perimeter; a ring-bush.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Mach.) A bearing containing friction rollers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A bearing, in which the load is carried by round (e.g. cylindrical or spherical) elements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun bearings containing small metal balls
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.