from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A factory in which metal is rolled into sheets, bars, or other forms.
- noun A machine used for rolling metal.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun That part of a powder-manufacturing plant in which the ingredients of the powder are crushed and commingled.
- noun A metal-working establishment using, in connection with heating-furnaces, systems of steel rollers for forming metal into sheets, bars, rods, or wires.
- noun One of the trains of rolls with its framework and driving-mechanism used in rolling metal bars, plates, or sheets in a rolling-mill.
- noun A rolling-machine for making sheet-glass by rolling the hot metal.
- noun A form of leather-rolling machine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun steel mill where metal is rolled into sheets and bars
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.