from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lecherous dissipated man.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A debauched or lecherous person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One devoted to a life of sensual pleasure; a debauchee; a rake.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man devoted to a life of pleasure and sensuality, especially in his relation to women; a debauchee; a rake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dissolute man in fashionable society
French, from past participle of rouer, to break on a wheel (from the feeling that such a person deserves that punishment), from Old French, from Latin rotāre, to rotate; see rotate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French roué. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.