from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Rust-colored; reddish-brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of rubiginose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rusty; having a rusty appearance, as the sputa in some cases of pneumonia.
- In botany and zoology, rust-colored; brownish-red; ferruginous.
- Affected by rubigo, as a plant.
Researchers from the Volcani Center in Israel examined 17 varieties of chickpeas, known to be high protein, ranging from black, red, brown, green, rubiginous, gray, yellow, and beige.
Researchers from the Volcani Center in Israel looked at 17 lines of chickpeas ranging from black, red, brown, green, rubiginous, gray, yellow, and beige.