from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A meeting of people to receive spiritualistic messages.
- noun A meeting, session, or sitting, as of a learned or legislative body.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A sitting or session: as, a spiritualistic séance, in which intercourse is alleged to be held with spirits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A session, as of some public body; especially, a meeting of spiritualists to receive spirit communications, so called.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
ceremonywhere people try to communicatewith the spiritsof deadpeople, usually led by a medium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a meeting of spiritualists
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, a sitting, from Old French seoir, to sit, from Latin sedēre; see sed- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French séance ("sitting, session").
Sorry, no example sentences found.