Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In mechanical construction, a bracket or other piece in which the braces or compression-elements are curved like the letter S, so as to deflect under stress and not deform on the contracting of the principal elements of the structure.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.