from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strap or belt worn as a safety precaution by a person working at great heights.
- n. See seat belt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A belt or strap that attaches a person to an immovable object for safety.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a belt made of some buoyant material, or which is capable of being inflated, so as to enable a person to float in water; a life preserver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A belt made of some buoyant material or inflated to sustain a person in water; a life-belt; a safety-buoy. See life-preserver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. belt attaching you to some object as a restraint in order to prevent you from getting hurt
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.