from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various fishes of the North American Atlantic coast, as the pinfish or the grunt Haemulon parrai of southerly waters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several grunts of the Atlantic (all in the family Haemulidae); pinfish, margate, Orthopristis chrysopterus, or Haemulon parra.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sparine fish, the pinfish, Lagodon rhomboides.
- n. A fish, Orthopristis chrysopterus; the pig-fish.
- n. A West Indian fish, Hæmulon parra; also, other fishes related to it. Also called ronco prieto.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a grunt found from Florida to Brazil and Gulf of Mexico
- n. similar to sea bream; small spiny-finned fish found in bays along the southeastern coast of the United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.