from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A velvet-black mineral that is a complex mixture of several rare-earth metals with niobium and tantalum oxide.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A niobate of uranium, iron, and manganese, of a velvet-black color, submetallic luster, and conchoidal fracture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Min.) A rare mineral having a velvet-black color and submetallic luster. It is a niobate of uranium, iron, and the yttrium and cerium metals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun mineralogy A shiny black
radioactive mineralthat contains a complex mixture of rare earthoxides
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a complex black mineral occurring in pegmatites
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[After Col. M. von Samarski, 19th-century Russian mining official.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
After Vasilii Evgrafovich Samarski-Bykhovets in 1847.
Sorry, no example sentences found.