from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various small crustaceans living on sandy beaches, such as a beach flea.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The chigoe or jigger, Sarcopsylla penetrans.
- noun A sand-hopper or beach-flea; one of numerous small amphipod crustaceans which hop like fleas on the seashore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various small
crustaceansof the order Amphipoda, that are found on beaches and jump like a flea.
- noun A small tropical flea,
Tunga penetrans; a chigoe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun small amphipod crustaceans that hop like fleas; common on ocean beaches
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.