from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A steel test-plate or standard gage for testing the thickness of saw-blades.
- n. A straight-edge laid over the edge of a saw-blade to determine whether the teeth are in line.
- n. A test for the range of the tooth-points of a saw in their distance from the center of rotation.
- n. An attachment to a saw-bench for adjusting the stuff to be cut to the saw, the gage determining the width of cut.
- n. A device for adjusting the depth of a saw-cut.
- n. Also sawing-machine gage.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.