from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various shrimplike crustaceans such as the krill and the mysids, formerly classified in the order Schizopoda.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having the feet cleft and apparently double, as an opossum-shrimp; specifically, of or pertaining to the Schizopoda.
- noun A member of the Schizopoda, as an opossum-shrimp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to a schizopod, or the Schizopoda.
- noun (Zoöl.) one of the Schizopoda. Also used adjectively.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun zoology Any of the Schizopoda.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Schizopoda, former order name : schizo– + New Latin -poda, -pod.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.