from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A geographic district, the public schools of which are administered together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a division of a town or city for establishing and conducting schools.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the districts into which a town or city is divided for the establishment and management of schools.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a district whose public schools are administered together
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This is also a chance to practice dispensing medication in the event of a large scale emergency, according to the Department of Health and Social Services and the school district.
"Today has been a long day in coming," said Supervisor Mary Ellen Heyman, who presented the agreement with East Irondequoit Central School District Superintendent Susan Allen and district business manager John Abbott during a morning news conference at the school district's offices, 600 Pardee Road.
She also would like to see special-needs students come back to the school district, saying it would save money and that the students could benefit from the district's programs.
• The Superintendent indicated that the referendum passed three years ago did NOT go toward children in the school district.
Saarela has offered to pay for a bus for his children, but the school district has refused.